Corvette Z06 Sets Fastest Lap time at VIR
This entry was posted on December 2, 2015 by Josh Biggers.
The Corvette Z06 is a highly capable track car and it has been giving much more expensive cars a good run for their money on the track. Car and Driver did their annual Lightning Lap event at Virginia International Raceway, where they confirmed this by testing the latest and greatest cars to put down one quick fast lap time. There were a total of 18 new cars who took a shot at the list, with a total of 180 cars tested so far throughout the years.
Among the list vehicles that ran this event were the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4, McLaren 650S Spyder, and Porsche 911 GT3 to name a few. But the fastest car at the 2015 VIR Lightning Lap Challenge went to the 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06, clocking in at a time of 2:44:6 and what makes this accomplishment more impressive is that time lands the Z06 the 2nd overall fastest on the list behind the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder supercar.
Historical Fastest Laptimes
1. 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder - 2:43.1
2. 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 - 2:44.6
3. 2015 McLaren 650S Spyder - 2:45.8
4. 2009 Mosler MT900S - 2:45.9
5. 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 - 2:47.5
6. 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR Coupe - 2:48.6
7. 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo - 2:49.4
8. 2015 Mosler Photon - 2:49.8
9. 2014 Dodge Viper T/A - 2:49.9
10. 2012 Ferarri Italia 458 - 2:49.9
For more info check out the link below:
This entry was posted in aFe News and tagged Chevrolet, LT4, American muscle cars, Lightning lap challenge, chevy corvette Z06, GM performance, supercharged on December 2, 2015 by Josh Biggers. ← Previous Post Next Post →