The Takeda Retain Intake is a short ram air intake system. In recent testing this intake produced 7 hp and 10 lbs. x ft. of torque. Takeda intakes are constructed out of lightweight clear-coat anodized tubing for maximum air flow and a great style. Each intake uses a large 360 degree high flow Pro DRY S air filter for maximum flow, filtration and convenience. The Pro DRY S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. Takeda intakes come complete with all tubing, filters, couplings and hardware for an easy installation.
Quick and Easy Installation:
Complete installation in 35 minutes or less.
This system includes a Pro DRY S oil free synthetic air filter which will never require to be oiled after cleaning.
Clear-coat Anodized Tubing:
Prevents intake tube discoloring and oxidation
Some or all of the applications listed are 50-state exempt, please see CARB EO# D-550-16 for details.
Year Make Model SubModel Engine Fuel 2004-2009 Mazda 3 L4 2.0L Gas 2004-2009 Mazda 3 L4 2.3L Gas
- Reviews (1)
Customer Reviews (1)
Write Your Own Review
- Thumbs Up
Just installed the Takeda TR4101P in my 2008 Mazda 3 2.0L. For the most part it installed pretty easy as per included instructions. Things to watch for:
1. Is your VSV valve missing? Mine was.
2. Removing the Crankcase line plastic 'nozzle' from the stock rubber intake is an exercise in insanity. As my car is 10 years old the nozzle was firmly adhered to the rubber. I ended up having to cut the nozzle out of the rubber intake (no going back now!).
3. How do you detach the wire portion of the MAF sensor from the actual sensor? I ended up just leaving it attached.
4. Reinstalling the crankcase line to nozzle was a bit tight. The line that runs from the back of the engine to the white crankcase nozzle ended up being too long so the nozzle sits in the new intake at a bit of an angle. Might see if the garage can replace it or bend it next time the car is in.
5. Tightening the second clamp at the throttle body around the one end of the intake I found the intake came of the throttle body. Make sure the intake is pushed as far in to the throttle body as possible prior to tightening.