Formulated for Dry & Oiled aFe Air Filters
New for 2017 are 2 newly formulated aFe POWER Cleaner. These have been specially formulated for use with aFe POWER air filter media. One for dry filter media, and another for oiled filter media. These powerful cleaners gently lifts and loosens dirt to be easily rinsed away. aFe POWER Cleaner restores your filter to a like-new condition, and can be repeated again when needed. These are also available in 1 gallon bulk sizes as well.
Air Filter Cleaning Kits
aFe filter oil is highly refined and helps capture the smallest debris. Examine your aFe filter every 3-9K miles. For optimal engine performance we recommended re-oiling every 20-30k miles.
This eco-friendly air filter cleaner is for the aFe Pro Dry S performance air filter. Simply spray on and wash off and your Pro Dry S air filter is good to go. No oil is needed.
The aFe filter restore kit comes with your choice of a squeeze bottle or aerosol can of aFe blue filter oil and a spray bottle of aFe filter cleaner. This cleaning kit is also available in a 32oz squeeze bottle kit.
The aFe filter restore kit comes with your choice of a squeeze bottle or aerosol can of aFe gold filter oil and a spray bottle of aFe filter cleaner. This cleaning kit is also available in a 32oz squeeze bottle kit.
How to clean your aFe Filter to maintain performance
Before you begin, gently tap the filter element to remove excess embedded dirt. Gently brush the remaining excess dirt from the element with a soft brush.
New Cleaners for 2017
1. APPLY CLEANER
Using aFe “Restore Kit” power cleaner, spray the element thoroughly soaking the cotton media. Let it soak for approximately 10 minutes.
2. RINSING WITH TAP WATER
Using low pressure from a tap or a hose, run water from the clean side to the dirty side. Continue running the water through the element until the water comes through clear. DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE or a nozzle that sprays a sharp stream. A sharp spray of water can separate the filter media thus ruining the filter
3. LET FILTER STAND UNTIL DRY
It is best to let the filter dry naturally. It is OK to lay the filter in front of a fan to speed drying. Do not do the following: *DO NOT use high heat such as a hair dryer. aFe filters are cotton and can shrink under high heat. *DO NOT use compressed air as it can separate the media making an unseen hole for dirt to pass through. *DO NOT use open flame.
4. APPLY CORRECT AFE OIL TO FILTER (Pro 5R or Pro-GUARD 7)
Use aFe special formula air filter oil to re-oil the filter media as follows:
* Aerosol can oiling - Hold the can approximately 5 to 8 inches from the filter, spray a light single coat of aFe filter oil covering each section at a slow pace.
* Squeeze bottle oiling (shown) - Apply a small amount of oil to the top or bottom of each pleat stopping about 1/2” to 3/4” from the edge of the filter. Within 20 minutes the oil should spread to cover the entire filter media area leaving no media uncovered. Touch up any spots that are still visibly white with a small amount of oil.
Note: Only apply oil to one side of the filter. The oil will wick through the media.
* NEVER use an aFe filter without oil. The oil is required to capture the finer dirt particles.
* DO NOT over oil the filter media as it not only wastes oil, it can potentially cause damage to Mass Air Flow sensors in the air intake stream.
*NEVER use motor oil, transmission fluid, diesel fuel, WD 40, etc. in place of aFe oil.