Careers / Jobs at aFe
advanced FLOW engineering, inc. (aFe POWER) is a manufacturer of automotive cold air intake systems, performance air filters, fluid filters, intake manifolds, turbochargers, programmers, throttle body spacers and exhaust systems. aFe was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in four facilities totaling 195,000 sq ft. in Corona, California. We can proudly say that we offer the best products on the market! aFe's in-house capabilities include manufacturing of air filters, air intake systems, exhaust systems, headers, torque converters, and intercoolers. Processes feature CNC machining, CAD design, 3D printing, 3D scanning, fabrication, dyno testing, mandrel tube bending, flow and filtration testing, assembly, kitting, warehousing.... and much, more! aFe's products includes over 4,500 applications, all of which are designed, developed and manufactured right here in Corona. Our talented team is made up of committed designers, machinists, technicians, production, sales, marketing, and support employees focused on bringing the best products and customer experience to the end-user. We believe in what we do, and we have a good time doing it! Employees enjoy competitive compensation packages with generous benefits and income protection programs including medical, dental, life/AD&D, 401(k) with corporate match, voluntary vision and employee/dependent life programs, monthly luncheons, branding events, time away from work benefits, and much more. We are always looking for qualified and exceptional people to add to our ever-growing team! If you love cars and everything high performance, are up to a challenge, believe in setting goals and making them happen, then we want to hear from you! Below are current open positions within aFe POWER. Please also feel free to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for any positions not listed.
advanced FLOW engineering, inc. (aFe POWER) is an equal opportunity employer (EOC). It is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other protected group status.
-- Please NO Phone Calls --
Open Positions at aFe POWER
Job Opening Full Listings
Position Summary: The Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new products as well as administrative direction of both new projects and existing product lines. Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm Roles & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Designs performance automotive aftermarket parts, to include, but not limited to: air filters, intake systems, exhaust systems, intercoolers, manifolds, turbochargers, throttle body spacers, differential/transmission covers, suspension, etc.
- Initiates updated designs to existing products (known as “VIP” or Value Improvement Projects).
- Takes measurements of existing parts to use in the design of new/modified products using standard measuring tools (such as calipers) and computer aided tools (including digital laser scanners).
- Designs prototypes of new products with the use of state-of-the-art equipment (3D Printing, etc.)
- Verifies design parameters including accuracy, suitability and costs.
- Oversees test fit activities for prototype components and works closely with project teams to meet deadlines.
- Interprets and documents data and results from performance testing.
- Processes documentation, including BOM’s, test reports; drafts verbiage for instruction sheets, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and design elements highly preferred.
- Ability to draft and present high level automotive component designs, read and interpret drawings and communicate design requirements.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes for automotive components with relation to design.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with ERP systems and databases for manufacturing, desirable.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with project teams to completion, and communicate status of assignments as required.
Education and Experience:
- BSME (BS Mechanical Engineering) with five (5)+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 – 3 years’ project management experience, desirable.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear and speak. The employee is required to use fingers, hands and arms to operate computers, talk on the telephone, and may occasionally be required to reach, pull and push with hands and arms, stoop, squat or kneel. Specific vision requirements include close to moderate distance vision for computer use, and depth perception. The employee may be required to move or lift between 10 – 40 pounds during the course of the job. This position works in an office environment with temperate climate and low to moderate noise. aFe is an EOE employer and an E-Verify participating company. Resume and salary expectation to email@example.com
PAYROLL & HR SPECIALIST (Bilingual - Spanish)
aFe POWER is looking for an experienced Payroll Processor and HR Administrator with multi-company/division experience to join our busy HR team at our Corona facilities. This vital bilingual role will build great relationships with all levels of the aFe team and have primary ownership of full-cycle payroll and time/attendance processing for apx. 200+ employees located at our companies in California and Indiana. Reporting to the Director-Human Resources, this position will also provide administrative support to HR processes including employee onboarding, recruiting, benefits/401(k), LOA, HRIS/file maintenance, workers compensation, employee relations, audit support and reporting.
Roles, Responsibilities and Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Generates time cards and works with department supervisors on exceptions, corrections and approvals.
- Prepares, processes, audits and balances bi-weekly payroll for all companies including manual checks, bonuses, commissions, retro earnings, time exceptions and corrections, reversals/voids, special off-cycle payrolls and accrual corrections as needed.
- Prepares and uploads bi-weekly 401(k) funding reports to 401(k) provider for all companies.
- Enters and updates employee data in HRIS system modules (HR/Benefits, Payroll, Time & Attendance); processes employment status changes to job, pay, taxes, deductions, benefits, new hires and terminations.
- Conducts orientation meetings for new employees and completes on-boarding documentation, time-clock set-up, safety training, E-Verify processing, badge/uniform, parking assignments; creates employee files.
- Conducts benefits orientation for newly eligible employees, processes enrollments/terminations with carriers, reconciles carrier invoices and coordinates annual benefit open enrollment meetings.
- Processes 401(k) enrollments and changes per provider feedback notices.
- Pulls and retains per period payroll reports, quarterly and annual tax reports, benefit census, EEO, workers compensation audit and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Responds to and processes external requests for employment verification, wage benefit audits, state or court mandated wage garnishments, liens and benefit orders in accordance with regulations and distributes documentation as required.
- Provides recruiting support by maintaining candidate applications, contacting, screening and scheduling candidates, and performing reference checks as needed.
- Administers injury claims including reporting, documentation, adjuster contact, claim files and work status coordination.
- Maintains and updates employee files with all relevant documentation in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with application of state, federal, local employment and wage laws as applicable for payroll.
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of system-based timekeeping/payroll processing-ADP Workforce Now, highly preferred.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment, approaching tasks and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to switch focus between projects and address work interruptions as they arise while maintaining productivity.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a Generalist mindset.
- Intermediate to advanced reporting skills in ADP, highly desirable.
- Superior attention to detail, and excellent proofreading and audit skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; MS Visio a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clear, proactive and timely communication, professional demeanor, and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- The ability to wear multiple hats and be a self-starter with the attitude and initiative to set and meet goals.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED, required; AA degree or college attendance preferred with HR Certificate or PHR desirable; minimum of one (1) year supporting a high-volume HR department, preferably in a manufacturing environment, preferred, and/or equivalent combination of HR education and experience.
- 1–3 years’ experience processing payroll, preferably for multi-company, and applicable reporting, preferably with ADP.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
aFe POWER offers competitive compensation packages with generous benefits and income protection programs including medical, employer paid dental, 401(k) with corporate match, voluntary vision, and employee/dependent life programs, as well as quarterly all employee luncheons, branding events, time away from work benefits, aFe gear and more! Advanced Flow Engineering, Inc. is an EEO and E-Verify employer. Direct submissions only; local candidates.
We’re looking for a creative Product Photographer to join our Product Management team in support of content creation for new product releases across all platforms for aFe POWER. We specialize in adding horsepower and improving performance on a wide variety of vehicle applications from sport cars to off-road trucks, and the Product Photographer will work with internal product managers to manage the product shoot schedule, shoot multi-angle product images and prepare them for release and publication.
Roles & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Produces industry leading, creative and high-quality studio photographs to be used in new product releases, on aFe’s eCommerce site, in catalogs and for general marketing purposes.
- Edits, clips, color corrects photography from shoots.
- Coordinates studio photoshoot process and organization of the equipment and tools needed for the shoot, including working with product leads and teams to ensure product availability.
- Organizes storage and archives all images per established protocols ensuring all content is easily accessible to team and is ready to use for different medias.
- May work with Marketing and eCommerce teams on producing quick turn content supporting specific products or brand content to be used on digital channels, as needed.
- Works closely with each project lead to schedule photo and video shoots, consistently following established procedures for approval and submittal of content for publication.
- Communicates with project leads to facilitate scheduling of each product shoot based on product availability to effectively manage product shoot schedules and meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly, accurately and professionally produce digital images to tight deadlines with a minimum of rework required.
- Must have a passion for photography and lighting with an emphasis product photography for publication and all associated equipment.
- Knowledge of videography and associated equipment desirable.
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail for 100% accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptability to address fast-paced project changes and adjustments.
- Keen sense of professionalism in representing aFe to all internal clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proficiency in an MS Office environment.
- Excellent writing skills for copy and content when applicable.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet assigned deadlines.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and a passion for automotive performance is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors of Art in Photography or Graphic Design desirable with minimum of one (1) year experience producing product art in a marketing environment, or combination of relevant education and experience.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU: Qualified candidates should submit resume, along with a portfolio link to email@example.com. aFe POWER offers competitive compensation packages with generous benefits and income protection programs including medical, employer paid dental, 401(k) with corporate match, voluntary vision, and employee/dependent life programs, as well as quarterly all employee luncheons, branding events, time away from work benefits, aFe gear and more!
Advanced Flow Engineering, Inc. is an EEO and E-Verify employer. In-house position; direct submissions only. No relocation for this position.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT
Position Summary: The Customer Service Agent is responsible for providing a superior experience to aFe customers in a fast-paced call center environment. The Customer Service Agent provides information on aFe products and services, delivery ETAs and order status and enthusiastic support for aFe’s trade and end-user accounts.
Schedule: 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
# Openings: Two (2)
Essential Roles & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer calls for product and price inquiries as well as shipment status.
- Analyzes and escalates customer inquiries that require additional assessment and works with internal departments such as Sales, Shipping, and Tech Support towards a satisfactory resolution
- Ensures follow-up and communication with customers on pending issues and resolution timelines.
- Updates customer/account information in internal systems as needed.
- Navigates business operating system to provide stock status, order status, ETA, tracking numbers, and prices.
- Assists with order entry when order volume is heavy.
- Assists with return authorizations and processing.
- Attends product training to stay informed on new product releases, and technical product information.
- Maintains a clean and tidy work space.
- Follows all safety procedures and processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses superior customer and client focus.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in communications and process.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to assess, escalate and resolve issues as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Advanced familiarity with MS Office Suite, and business operating systems; computer literacy required.
- Excellent typing skills with focus on accuracy of minimum 30 words/minute.
- Good type skills, 30 words a minute or more, required. Good type skills preferred.
- General automotive knowledge, desirable but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Associates Degree and 6 months minimum experience with in-bound customer service call center, or relevant combination of education and experience.
advanced FLOW engineering, inc. is an EOE employer and an E-Verify Participant; No relocation offered for this position. Direct submissions only, no agencies. Resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
FABRICATOR - EXHAUST DEVELOPMENT
Position Summary: The Fabricator – Exhaust Development is responsible for supporting project leaders in the development, prototyping and test fitting of aFe exhaust applications. Roles & Responsibilities / Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides fabrication / welding support for new and sustaining exhaust development projects
- Visualizes concepts and produces physical models
- Measures, tests, designs, prototypes and fits on vehicles
- Completes project documentation and progress reports for assigned projects
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of one year in a manufacturing environment
- 1 yr. min. MIG Welding, tube and metal forming required
- 1 yr. min. sheet metal fabrication, required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General automotive knowledge, mechanical aptitude, experience working on cars/trucks, preferred
- Ability to comprehend simple written and verbal instructions and procedures
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Possess basic shop mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to utilize and read shop measurement tools
- Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software and Manufacturing software preferred, but not required
- Clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
- Forklift certification, a plus
aFe POWER is an EEO employer. No relocation available for this position. No agency.
Position Summary: The MIG/TIG welder is primarily responsible for welding thin gauge mild steel, stainless steel (409 & 304) and aluminum materials for the manufacture of automotive exhausts and intakes. Schedule: 6:00am – 2:30pm, Mon. – Fri. Roles & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Reads and comprehends job work instruction “process sheets.”
- Places parts in specified weld jigs
- Welds components or assemblies using MIG and/or TIG welding to required specifications
- Welds exhaust and/or intake tubes and related fixtures.
- Perform continuous inspection of welded/assembled products.
- Completes requires job documentation and process reports for assigned jobs.
- Monitors and report any fitment issues to supervision.
- May also operate machines such as saws, tube expanders and tube benders, when needed.
- Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Operates tier lift truck or hand truck to move, convey or hoist raw materials or finished goods
- Perform production duties such as manual lifting of jigs and welded products
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow safety regulations
- Wears all required PPE in accordance with safety regulations, RPP and welding standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with TIG/MIG welding process, wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys and aluminum
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters
- Ability to produce consistent, quality welds in a fast-paced environment, meeting output expectations.
- Ability to comprehend simple written and verbal instructions, procedures and written process sheets
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Education and/or Experience:
- Welding Certificate from accredited welding program or school and one (1) year minimum experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment doing MIG and/or TIG welding, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, hear and speak. The employee is required to use fingers, hands and arms to operate manufacturing equipment and may be required to reach, pull and push with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. This position works in a shop environment with moderate to loud noise and variations in temperature ranging from hot to cold. aFe is an EOE employer and an E-Verify participating company. Resume and salary expectation to email@example.com or apply in person at aFe corporate lobby: 252 Granite Street, Corona, CA 92879, 9am – 4pm Mon-Fri.
advanced FLOW engineering / aFe POWER is an Equal Opportunity Employer